1) What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
So many things to choose from…I gave birth to a son and graduated with an Associate’s Degree, all within a few weeks of each other.
2) Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No and no.
3) Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes. A dear friend’s son, who was due weeks after Jeb, arrived nearly two weeks before Jeb. And now, he’s a healthy and adorable little chunk.
4) Did anyone close to you die?
5) What countries did you visit?
Did I mention that son I gave birth to was my third child? I don’t even think I visited any states, let alone another country.
6) What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
Stability. Everything seemed so “up in the air” the majority of the time during 2013, stability would be a welcome change.
7) What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 13, 2013 – Jeb’s birth day
8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making Dean’s List during my first semester back at NC State after a loooooong hiatus.
9) What was your biggest failure?
Not finding the time I needed to spend with God. This is, sadly, a recurring failure for me.
10) Did you suffer illness or injury?
11) What was the best thing you bought?
A photobook of pages I digiscrapped of our family during 2013.
12) Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mike’s – I’m so thankful for him every single day and his willingness to be a stay at home dad.
13) Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
People who should know better, but I think that goes without saying.
14) Where did most of your money go?
Bills and kids…and I believe this pattern will continue for many years to come.
15) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Returning to NC State
16) What song will always remind you of 2013?
Beautiful Boy by John Lennon
17) Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? happier
– thinner or fatter? fatter
– richer or poorer? richer in faith and family
18) What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spending time with God
19) What do you wish you’d done less of?
Having screaming matches with Fussing at Abby
20) How did you be spend New Year’s?
I was asleep by 10:30pm and that was intentional and totally worth it. New Year’s just isn’t my kind of holiday.
21) Did you fall in love in 2013?
Over and over again.
22) How many one-night stands?
23) What was your favorite TV program?
Parenthood, but Once Upon A Time came in a close second as I spent countless hours watching it on Netflix during my weeks at home before Jeb was born. You know, late at night when I couldn’t sleep. I’m ready for the next season to hit Netflix 🙂
24) Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t like the idea of hate. There are people I don’t like and people I try to avoid, but no one that I actually hate.
25) What was the best book you read?
Such a Pretty Fat by Jen Lancaster – you know it is a good book when you are crying from laughing as you read it.
26) What was your greatest musical discovery?
Pandora… yes, I’ve known about it forever, but I’ve never really used it before 2013.
27) What did you want and get?
A healthy baby boy
28) What did you want and not get?
A winning lottery ticket
29) What was your favorite film of this year?
I can say with complete confidence that I did not set foot in a movie theater during 2013…and based on my Google search of 2013 movies, I’ve only seen one movie that even released in 2013 (Monsters University). And I only saw it within the last week. However, tonight I’ll be enjoying Frozen with Abby. At the theater.
30) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 35 in 2013 and it was fabulous just to be with my family. Of course, I enjoyed my Starbucks birthday drink. Yum.
31) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Setting my expectations lower in everything…this perfectionist bit is really hard.
32) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
33) What kept you sane?
34) Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Mommy bloggers… too many to name each one
35) What political issue stirred you the most?
Obamacare and public education – and I’m not squarely liberal or conservative when it comes to either…which makes it even more frustrating.
36) Whom did you miss?
Friends and family that aren’t nearby
37) Who was the best new person you met?
Jeb, hands down.
38) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013:
You can’t be it all, do it all or have it all. And that’s ok.
39) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“I got the eye of the tiger, the fighter dancing through the fire. ‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar.”