1) What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
Chose between two job offers at the same time…both outside of North Carolina.
2) Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t even remember if I had resolutions last year…so probably not.
3) Did anyone close to you give birth?
4) Did anyone close to you die?
5) What countries did you visit?
Bwahahaha! I haven’t traveled abroad since high school.
6) What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
A degree from NCSU.
7) What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 30 – my first day at Erie Insurance
8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Facing my fears and finding a new job
9) What was your biggest failure?
Not believing in myself.
10) Did you suffer illness or injury?
11) What was the best thing you bought?
12) Whose behavior merited celebration?
All of my friends and family who supported me as I took the leap of faith to find a new job…and continued to support me as I had to make difficult decisions.
13) Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The people, who after nearly 15 years, still couldn’t acknowledge my contributions. (But, I get the last laugh on that!)
14) Where did most of your money go?
Moving…and outfitting the family in Erie appropriate attire – snow pants, snow boots, winter coat, gloves, scarves, hats, etc.
15) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving to Erie
16) What song will always remind you of 2013?
My Lighthouse by Rend Collective
17) Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? happier
– thinner or fatter? fatter
– richer or poorer? richer in faith and family
18) What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spending time with God
19) What do you wish you’d done less of?
20) How did you be spend New Year’s?
I was asleep by 10:30pm and that was intentional and totally worth it. New Year’s just isn’t my kind of holiday.
21) Did you fall in love in 2013?
Over and over again.
22) How many one-night stands?
23) What was your favorite TV program?
I discovered Revenge on Netflix over the summer during my time off from school…and I binged straight through 3 seasons. However, Parenthood is still a favorite, although I’ve been a little disappointed so far in the final season. And, I would be remiss to ignore my affection for NCIS. I’ve been watching Gibbs since his first appearance on JAG many, many years ago. I will be sad when that show ends.
24) Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t like the idea of hate. There are people I don’t like and people I try to avoid, but no one that I actually hate.
25) What was the best book you read?
I’m not sure I actually read an entire book (for fun) in 2014. I’m a little embarrassed to admit that, but with school and moving, I just didn’t have much time. But, I have a number of books already lined up for this summer.
26) What was your greatest musical discovery?
WCTL – the Christian radio station in Erie. I actually like it even more than HIS Radio in Raleigh.
27) What did you want and get?
An awesome career
28) What did you want and not get?
A job I applied for in Roanoke, VA, back in late 2013. I was actually asked to travel there for a final interview, but I decided against it. I’m really glad I did.
29) What was your favorite film of this year?
Frozen. I saw this in the theater with Abby in early January 2014. I cried. I cried again. I made sure we purchased the DVD as soon as it came out. Our kids (yes, all three of them) watched that DVD over and over and over. Jeb loves the music and will happily watch it with his sisters.
30) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 36 in 2015. My parents came to visit from Raleigh and allowed Mike and I to enjoy a date night.
31) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not a single thing.
32) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
33) What kept you sane?
34) Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No one comes to mind.
35) What political issue stirred you the most?
Common Core – I’m still not a fan.
36) Whom did you miss?
My peeps at The Farm, my TBC family and my parents. Even though I moved around a lot as a kid, I forgot how heartbreaking it can be to move hundreds of miles away from the people you love.
37) Who was the best new person you met?
There are so many. I adore my new ERIE family. They have made me feel so welcome and a part of something.
38) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014:
We really can make a difference.
39) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“I won’t fear what tomorrow brings
With each morning I’ll rise and sing
My God’s love will lead me through
You are the peace in my troubled sea.”