Thanksgiving is a little different in our house this year…especially after over 150 lbs have been lost between Mike and me. We altered the menu slightly, because we really don’t need enough leftovers to feed a small army. Mike was in charge of menu planning, which meant everyone chose a side dish.
- Abby – Green Bean Casserole
- Katie – Sweet Potato Casserole
- Jeb – Peanut butter & jelly sandwich (ok, this was his preferred meal, with a side of sweet potatoes and cranberries)
- Phyllis – Broccoli Cornbread Casserole, homemade cranberries
- Mike – rolls, gravy (in reality, Mike didn’t really “pick” anything)
We had a honey brined turkey breast from Wegmans. It made the perfect amount with some leftovers.
I learned quite a bit this year during Thanksgiving meal prep and the meal itself.
- Abby prefers Green Bean Casserole made with a hint of Cheez Whiz, as long as you don’t tell her about the Cheez Whiz.
- Katie, just like her daddy, prefers the Sweet Potato Casserole withOUT pecans.
- Jeb and Katie love the homemade cranberries with actual oranges in it. And they just ate it straight. Jeb even said it’d be good on a peanut butter sandwich.
- The Broccoli Cornbread Casserole recipe needs salt.
- Adding cinnamon to the Sweet Potato Casserole was a good idea (thanks honey).
I’m thankful for so many things in my life… most importantly faith, family, friends.
I hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving and may we all continue to give thanks daily for all of our blessings.