1) What did you do in 2016 that you’d never done before?
Had 3 surgeries… carpel tunnel release on each wrist and gastric bypass
2) Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes and no. I did become healthier in 2016
3) Did anyone close to you give birth?
A co-worker’s wife… and another co-worker is expecting in Feb 2017
4) Did anyone close to you die?
Again, I’m thankful to answer this no…but the year was filled with loss by many of my friends. 😦
5) What countries did you visit?
6) What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
Realistic expectations for myself
7) What date from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 11 – date of gastric bypass surgery
8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Losing 92 lbs
9) What was your biggest failure?
10) Did you suffer illness or injury?
Thankfully, nothing major. My recovery from each of my surgeries went remarkably well…and I’m super thankful for that!
11) What was the best thing you bought?
snow boots for the littles… when you live in Erie, it’s kind of a requirement
12) Whose behavior merited celebration?
Katie and Jeb – they started preschool together in October (separate classrooms, but same preschool). It was a huge adjustment for them and they made it like champs.
13) Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
People who don’t seem to care how they affect others…whether it’s through words, actions, inactions or anything else
14) Where did most of your money go?
Through PNC billpay the day my paycheck hit the bank, but I’m thankful to be able to pay those bills
15) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Business trip to NC to deliver training… I got to see family and friends that I haven’t seen in years. It was awesome. I also had the chance to load up on Stamey’s BBQ sauce and Old Mill of Guilford grits. Yum!
16) What song will always remind you of 2016?
Play that Song by Train
17) Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? happier
– thinner or fatter? thinner
– richer or poorer? richer in faith and family
18) What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spending time with God
19) What do you wish you’d done less of?
20) How did you spend New Year’s?
Cleaning, decluttering, watching the kids play
21) Did you fall in love in 2016?
Same loves 🙂
22) How many one-night stands?
23) What was your favorite TV program?
Good Girls Revolt from Amazon. OOOOMMMGGGG! Amazing! I must read the book now. (And, I’m angry with Amazon for cancelling the show after a single season. I’m hoping someone else will pick it up because it was fabulous.)
24) Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t like the idea of hate. There are people I don’t like and people I try to avoid, but no one that I actually hate.
25) What was the best book you read?
It’s a tie: Sarah Addison Allen’s First Frost and Jennifer Weiner’s Who Do You Love
26) What was your greatest musical discovery?
Alexa and PrimeMusic
27) What did you want and get?
A journaling Bible.
28) What did you want and not get?
A feeling of accomplishment with my college progress
29) What was your favorite film of this year?
30) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 38 in 2016. We celebrated quietly as a family with cupcakes.
31) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
32) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
What’s old is new again. I’ve held onto clothes for years that didn’t fit, in the hopes of one day wearing them again. And “one day” came many times during the 2nd half of 2016. I even made it into THE DRESS for a Christmas party in December. So exciting!
33) What kept you sane?
34) Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Michelle Obama – wit, intelligence, poise, beauty, passion, faith, humor, love
35) What political issue stirred you the most?
36) Whom did you miss?
37) Who was the best new person you met?
The nurses at UPMC Hamot following gastric bypass surgery. They were so helpful and supportive…cheering me on as I walked laps around the 6th floor 🙂
38) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016:
“I never lose. I either win or I learn.” -Nelson Mandela
39) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“I’m so confused, I know I heard you loud and clear
So, I followed through, somehow I ended up here
I don’t wanna think, I may never understand
That my broken heart is a part of your plan
When I try to pray, all I’ve got is hurt
And these four words, thy will be done.”
Thy Will from Hillary Scott