When it comes to baking (and cooking and just about every other “domestic” activity in my life), I love easy. In fact, I’m constantly looking for any way I can make my already crazy life a little easier.
When I bought some bananas (and chocolate chips) last week, I had grand visions of baking some banana bread. As the holiday weekend arrived, I was less inspired to bake banana bread because it takes forever. (I’m impatient and so are my kids). This morning, I opted for some banana cookies instead. Easy banana cookies. Four-ingredient banana cookies 😀
Easy Banana Cookies
- 4 very, very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (I used Wegmans brand…so there is some sugar already in it. If you go natural, maybe add 1-2 teaspoons of honey or maple syrup)
- 2 cups quick-oats
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (this could be almost anything… nuts, raisins, peanut butter chips, butterscotch, toffee)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mash four bananas in a large bowl until lumps have disappeared.
- Add 1/2 cup of peanut butter and blend until mixed well.
- Mix in 2 cups of oats.
- Mix in 1 cup of chocolate chips (or whatever you love).
- Drop by spoonfuls onto parchment paper. (I used a small cookie scoop because I’m OCD with my cookies being the same size.)
- Flatten each drop cookie with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container